The Regional Climate Protection Authority (RCPA) and the North Bay Climate Adaptation Initiative (NBCAI) have been working together to create a set of high-priority, strategic objectives to help Sonoma County be resilient in the face of climate change. This work is based off the Climate Ready Sonoma County: Climate Hazards and Vulnerabilities study, which helps us understand what our likely vulnerabilities will be.
We need your help! You are invited to share your thoughts and ideas on potential solutions and strategies to implement Sonoma County Adaptation Objectives. This information will help inform our climate action plan, future NBCAI and RCPA priorities, and more. This survey should take less than 10 minutes. To answer the questions of the survey, click on the blue POST button below.
Survey on climate adaptation objectives and potential solutions to addressing climate change in Sonoma County.
Understanding Climate Readiness for Sonoma County
There are several documents that can help you understand the impacts of climate change – and how we can adapt to those impacts – in Sonoma County.
1) Climate Ready Sonoma County: Climate Hazards and Vulnerabilities
2015 Climate Hazards and Vulnerabilities Report (5.91 MB)
2) Climate Ready North Bay fact sheets:
- Climate Change in the North Bay for Residents of Marin, Sonoma, and Napa Counties
- Healthy Forests in a Changing Climate for People Who Steward Forest Land
- Rivers, Creeks, and Climate Change for People Who Live Near Waterways
- Policy Issues in a Changing Climate For Voters, Elected Officials, Planners, and Policy Makers